Thursday 1 March 2012

REVIEW: Red Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells

Red Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells

Publication Date: April 1st 2009
Publisher: Orbit
Mass Market Paperback, 325 pages




In a world where being of mixed-blood is a major liability, Sabina Kane has the only profession fit for an outcast: assassin. But, her latest mission threatens the fragile peace between the vampire and mage races and Sabina must scramble to figure out which side she's on. She's never brought her work home with her---until now.

This time, it's personal.

Review first published at Book Lovers Inc

I just loved,loved, loved The Red Headed Stepchild! Honestly, it was among the best urban fantasy books I picked in time and I just don't know what I have been waiting for and haven't picked this series up sooner!

I just loved everything about this book! From the kick ass and smart heroine to the incredibly amusing demon-cat! The Red Headed Stepchild has just every single thing I want in a book. Fun and well developed characters, action packed scenes, humour and a romance that slowly builds up and promises to become that much better in the books to come.

I just love books about assassins and this one is no exception! Sabina is one amazing character, strong, independent and loyal even if that loyalty hearts her. Adam is plainly swoon-worthy and the romance between them is in exactly the right pace I want in my books. They don't fall head over heels for each other from the start of the story which in my book is always a good thing. It allows things to progress more slowly and that much better!

The world building is somewhat new, Wells adds some new elements in the already much used vampire mythos and I really liked those twists. The action scenes are well planned and even better delivered  and I just loved how Sabina progresses as a character throughout the novel, from a total loner to a person who slowly starts opening up to the people or demon! surrounding her.

All in all, from the very first chapters of The Red Headed Stepchild, I just knew that I had in my hands a fabulous book, and by the end of it I just had found my next favourite series!The rest books of the series are already pre ordered and on their way home! A winner!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy to read such a glowing review of this one! I've had it on my shelf almost since it came out and still haven't read it. This makes me want to push it up to the top of the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails