Friday 25 May 2012

EARLY REVIEW: Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep


Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep

Series:  Mythos Academy, #3

Publication Date:May 29th 2012
Publisher:Kensington
Paperback, 336 pages
Useful Info: Goodreads, Author's Website, Book Depository




I’ve seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I’m supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I’m just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me—again.

Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects—and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I’m also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me?

It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can’t use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me—and I’m in for the fight of my life.

I just love, love, love Jennifer Estep! Honestly, her work is plainly brilliant! I mean, I couldn't possibly believe that her Mythos Academy series could get any better, but Dark Frost proves me wrong! And I so enjoy to be proved wrong in this case!

Dark Frost, as the title indicates, gets a much darker tone compared to the previous two books of the series. And that is apparent from the very first chapters of this book. Honestly, I didn't expect for things to escalate so quickly in the story, but they did. And I so admire Estep for the way she progressed with her story that I don't have words to describe it.

In many cases, Dark Frost felt a lot for me like the Harry Potter series. There weren't any similarities, don't get me wrong. I just felt that this series takes slowly a much darker turn much like the Harry Potter series did after a point. The story becomes darker book by book, until the point of the final battle. I just have the feeling that the Mythos Academy will be one of those series, that book by book will get even better, even darker and even juicer until the final battle that will change the world.

Really, I won't say anything whatsoever about what happens in this book. Absolutely nothing. But believe me when I say, that as soon as you start reading Dark Frost there is no way you can put it down. So many things happen, in every aspect that will leave your mind reeling for days!

Dark Frost, is maybe my favorite book in the series so far, with everything that happens and the way the characters develop. Even when Gwen behaves in an unlikely way, I love the way she feels more real. All in all, Dark Frost, is just amazing! You will enjoy it as much as the previous two books in the series and then some more!



2 comments:

  1. I scanned the review very quickly - I see by the 5 butterflies you must have loved it which is good - I've just borrowed the first from my library! It seems that every likes this series so I wanted to try it for myself. :D

    ComaCalm's Corner =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's among my favorite YA series currently! And this third book was just amazing. I'm pretty sure you'll like them, at least I hope :)

      Delete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails