Tuesday 14 August 2012

EARLY REVIEW: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux, #2
Publication Date:August 14th 2012
Publisher:Entangled Teen
Edition:Paperback, 416 pages
Useful Info: Goodreads, Author's Website, Book Depository


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard.

Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem…

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

I can easily say that Onyx is one of my most anticipated releases of the year! To anyone who follows my reviews is apparent that Jennifer Armentrout has become one of my favorite authors since her very first release, so, any of her books is in my auto buy and to die for list!

So, needless to say, I loved Onyx! Yeah, I know, it would be a rarity for me to say the opposite. But how could I possibly not love it? Armentrout knows how to write hot characters and even hotter and sexier romance. Simple as that. And not only that, but all that level of hotness wrapped up in a package of mystery and adventure. Oh, and lots and lots of humor! So, tell me, how could I resist such a package? Let me tell you, there's no way!

Onyx has it all! Enough twists in the plot to keep you turning the pages (but to be honest, even if the twists weren't there I would still keep turning my pages...), a main couple to die for, dialogues to make you laugh and of course, Daemon!!! Said enough I guess :P

Onyx was better than Obsidian in some departments, but not as good as in others I'm afraid. It was better plotwise. Many things happened in Onyx, much more than in the previous novel. And here, I have to say that the premise in Goodreads is really spoilerish... I mean, I had guessed on most of the twists of the plot only by reading the premise... And that was bad... Because I knew before I even started reading Onyx where the story was leading to, even if in rough estimations. I still enjoyed reading them, but I had guessed on them...

But, Onyx was also inferior compared to Obsidian is some departments. Humor is one of them. I may have laughed out loud while reading Onyx, but in Obsidian I couldn't stop. I missed the bickering between Katy and Daemon. They bickered a bit but not with that passion of the first novel. In contrast the romantic tension was full on. So, you see, in some departments things were better, in some, not so much . But to be completely honest with myself, I enjoyed Obsidian a little bit more...

And in that, Daemon's behavior played a major role. I know most will disagree with me, but all that jealous behavior of Daemon's in Onyx tired me a bit. I still find him adorable, but the way he went all alpha male towards Katy was a bit over the top for me. One or two even three incidents would be cool I guess, but all the times he acted out of pure jealousy was a bit too much for my taste. Or maybe a little bit unjustified I don't really know. Katy on the other hand seems more of the protagonist in Onyx than she was in Obsidian. The story is more centered around her even if Daemon is the one who steals the show in the end of day. But we learn more about Katy, and what I saw of her, I really liked I must say.

All in all, Onyx is good. Who am I kidding, Onyx is amazing, it just happens that I feel that Obsidian was a little bit better. Still, the way it ends, only makes me eager to get the next book in my hands as soon as possible! Totally recommend it :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, do you think my book obsessed 13 year young stepdaughter can read those books? She has devoured Twilight and the Hunger Games and more already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Aurian! It has some sexual tension and some mildly sexual situations along with a really hot protagonist, but so does Twilight. She'll love them I'm pretty certain about it :)

      Delete

Current Giveaways


Related Posts with Thumbnails